Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Wk3 DB Quickie 2 - Scared of Technology

I think educators are resistant to technology because of errors that occur too frequently. The fear that I have found among fellow teachers, and my spouse, is the frustration of something going wrong with the technology and not knowing how to fix the problem. Other institutions and business seem more prepared for technological encounters. There is generally a team of troubleshooters for problems that may arise technologically. Teachers tend to feel very alone in most situations where they are handed some technology without training and told to use it.

1 comment:

  1. I can relate to your scared of technology post. When you rely on technology, you have to have a certain air of confidence to know that if there is a glitch, you can either fix it, gain assistance from a colleague, or have a flexible plan B. In my experience, teachers have faced this for years. Even with a simple overhead, I have been to conferences in the past and heard frustrated presenters make comments about how the equipment at their school works differently.

    ReplyDelete