Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Wk3 DB Quickie 1 - New Ideas

I guess the experience that most comes to mind is the introduction of my music program when I began teaching. My predecessor had done some music building, compared to the person before that who just used song sheets and sat and sang songs each class with the kids. I began my program in the elementary teaching kids the values of reading music in order to perform music. The numbers in my ensembles increased tremendously and the administration soon moved me into a school wide position. I introduced singing using movement and reading to my students and soon they were ready to tackle classical literature because they had learned to love singing. I was able to advance our ensembles into more classical literature for district and state adjudicated events, creating a stronger choral program throughout the school district.

1 comment: