Thursday, May 13, 2010

Wk 2 Topic #2 DB Emotional Impact and Purchasing

Topic #2A DB

I cannot honestly think of a song that truly ever impacted my life. There have been songs that bring back certain memorable moments in my life, but never a true heavy duty impact. Probably my most vivid memory of an emotional impact of a song (don’t laugh) was when I was a young boy and my aunt who was a self taught pianist taught my cousin and I to sing, “You are my Sunshine” in harmony when we were young. We sang it for my great-grandparents 65th wedding anniversary at a little country church which my great-grandfather had helped to build. I just remember everyone in the congregation that day being overcome with huge waves of emotion.

Topic #2B DB

I honestly do not remember when CD’s were introduced. I didn’t have money to buy CD’s and since I didn’t really collect records or CD’s it was not a major concern to me. As far as buying the same songs, it is not an issue for me. If I buy songs, they are generally pertinent to what I am teaching or performing and I don’t already have them in my possession.

No comments:

Post a Comment