Thursday, May 13, 2010

Wk 2 Topic #1 DB Ownership

Topic #1 DB

This will sound strange coming from a music professional. I have never really collected music, and still don’t to this date. Buying records was out of the question when I was younger as there wasn’t money for such pleasures. I would sometimes play music from the old jukebox at the restaurant where I cleaned in high school. I never owned a CD until I purchased one that my college choir made with me as a soloist. I have bought a few CD’s since being married, but our CD collection is not large. Mainly show soundtracks that I may be researching, or of student’s works. I have purchased a few items on itunes. Most of what is on my iphone are demonstration CDs that I listen to in picking new literature for my students each year. I prefer to have silence when driving or listening to a local tv station, which since the onset of HD no longer exists, so pretty much silence or maybe some classics of the 70’s.Music is a major influence in my life, but I am more into the preparation and performance of music selections.

No comments:

Post a Comment